Friday, September 28, 2012

Rotation


I stitched the gold down last night and stippled over the rusted cotton. Tonight I continued with the blue thread. Have quite a bit more stitching to do, but my machine keeps popping the feed dogs up which has slowed me down and annoyed me no end as the free motion isn't so free that way. Time to get the machine cleaned and serviced.  I stopped for a bit and drug out my beads as I'm thinking of embellishing.

When I brought the piece to the scanner I had to rotate it to capture the detail I wanted to show here and surprise surprise I was taken with the upside down view. I've been designing the piece to be shown the other way as you can see in the previous post, but now I'm thinking I like it better this way.

3 comments:

  1. Good to see this..what a big project..inspiring, too! Will look back at the previous post to see how you've changed the direction of the piece! Interesting when that happens!I'm going to look back at your older posts which I've been meaning to do anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually this is a small piece for me. Only about 11 x 15". I guess it is big in that I am doing all the embellishment with quilting and probably some beading before I'm done. Thanks for stopping by Ginny.

      Delete
  2. The graphic nature of this just knocks my socks off...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...