Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back from Nevereverland

I was about to give up and post a message that I can't blog until I get my text formatting buttons back...but curiously...they are back!  

Picked up my work yesterday from Main Street Gallery.  The Elements Show is over.  At this moment I should be pressing and hemming all the big silk I've made over the last weeks in preparation for my one person show at Kaskaskia.  More about that a bit later.  But what the heck.  I want to show off one of my acquisitions.

Went antiquing with a friend a couple weekends ago.  Spent the whole day driving up I-55 stopping at seven antique malls along the way.  I've been looking for a treadle machine for 25 years.  The plan is to turn it into a glass topped table, but I probably won't be able to resist rusting from it before I do that.  I've never seen a frame completely intact.  Something was always missing or hideously  painted or the seller was asking an arm and a leg.  This beauty cost me all of $15, is perfectly rusted and the treadle still works!  Found several other rusty bits that day too that I'm anxious to put to work. 

Now I absolutely must get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...