Wednesday, November 11, 2015

California Dreaming

Patricia Vivod Wildfire ©2015
95" x 30"
I think this year has been the busiest of my life in regards to my art. With five shows under my belt, including Material Revival which I curated and participated in, plus contributing a six foot piece to The Riverwork Project, an evolving 300+ foot quilt begun by Sun Smith-Foret, I thought it was time to reveal another project of mine that until now, I've kept out of the public eye.  

A most incredible thing happened this past April when I was contacted by an interior designer interested in my work.  Her project, on behalf of the architectural firm she works for, was designing and decorating a new spa being built in St. Helena, California.  

I sent them several images and to my delight they purchased seven of my large hangings! Last week I received confirmation that the work has been installed and the spa opened on November 2. The seven pieces were hung in public areas of the spa. Two of the pieces were created this summer, one of which is shown at left. 

With the confirmation of installation came word that my work was very well received and another invitation was extended to create eight more pieces. I am beyond thrilled to participate in this venture. The North Bay Business Journal recently featured the $60 million spa and renovation project at the Meadowood Resort in Napa Valley. You can read the article here.

One of these days, I hope to visit and see my work in its new home.  

Here are some of the other pieces purchased.  


Dying Grass Moon Imperfect Mirror
92" x 27"

Patricia Vivod - Fault Lines
Patricia Vivod - Heaven Hell Feast Famine
 

One of my favorite pieces I've ever made, done last year for From the Inside Out is now in California.  The triple layer organza piece Heaven Hell Feast Famine was destined for an office area at the spa.
Woot!

12 comments:

  1. Thats fantastic, love those pieces

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, I am just over-the-moon pleased for you, what a fabulous evolution of events and *re-homing* of your beautiful work. What I am ALSO thrilled about is what this says in regards to textile art; its importance and own particular merits & inspiration when hung for all to see..... Just fantastic.
    Christi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm over the moon too! The spa is just beautiful from what I can see in the photos. A stunning place to show off my work.

      Delete
  3. Holy Moholy-Nagy! It couldn't have happened to a more hard-working artist and a nicer person! Congratulations! Bravo! Way t' go! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much, P. I have to pinch myself every once in a while.

      Delete
  4. Congrats, Pat--awesome news and well deserved recognition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arlee, you won't believe where the designer first saw my work. (Hint it starts with a P) ;)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations Pat! So glad to know this. Beautiful work !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, Now I really have to go to this spa. Pat can you come visit me and we'll go together? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a treat, Lorri. I'll keep you posted. How far are you from St. Helena?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...